How to: Export to SPSS Quantum
SurveyToGo supports exporting data into SPSS Quantum. Since SPSS Quantum file format uses card numbers and variables are placed into card numbers and offsets, we’ve create a special MAP file that maps between SurveyToGo variables and Quantum records and offsets. Here are the steps to do this
- Step 1: Export the survey to a MAP file (excel format)
- Step 2: Check and if needed modify the map file.
- Step 3: Export the survey data using the map file.
Step 1: Export the survey to a MAP file (excel format)
To export the survey to a map file:
- Right click on the survey and choose “Export Results”
- Choose to export the survey and not the results:
- Choose the SPSS Quantum map format:
- Complete the wizard by filling out the last screen or keeping the defaults:
- That’s it!
Step 2: Check and if needed modify the map file.
Once you have the map file there is no real need for you to manipulate it unless you wish to make changes to the defaults. If you do need to edit it:
- Open the file:
- You can see the CardNumber columns and startIndex/EndIndex columns which maps which SurveyToGo variable goes into what card (line) of the SPSS Quantum file and what offset from the limit of 80 characters per card.
Step 3: Export the survey data using the map file
When exporting the interviews, you can need to use the map file when exporting to SPSS Quantum:
- Choose to export the survey results:
- Then, choose the SPSS Quantum format:
- On the last export screen, enter the map file location:
- You will then export 2 files, a DAT file and an Axis file
- That’s it!
Visit us at: http://www.dooblo.net